Food Recipe: Turmeric & Cumin Infused Veggies
Cooking Method :
Prep Time : 10 minutes | Cooking time: 15 minutes
Recipe yield: 4 servings*
* Per serving (3/4 th Cup):
Carbs: 6 gm Protein: 1 gm Fat: 1gm Fiber: 2gm
Ingredients & Materials:
3 cups Organic Mixed Veggies | 1 tsp Ghee | ½ teaspoon turmeric | ½ teaspoon Cumin Seeds | 1 large saucepan | 1 lid to cover | 1 wooden ladle | Stove
1. Take 2 cups Frozen Organic Mixed Veggies. Defrost or bring to Room Temperature or You can separately cut, wash and prep veggies such as broccoli, Cauliflower and carrots and keep aside.
2. Next put the sauce pan on the stove, keep the heat on medium. Add ghee, next add cumin seeds. Let them sizzle for few seconds, the add turmeric.
4. Make sure the spices don’t burn. Reduce the heat to low if needed.
5. Add mixed veggies and sauté.
6. Add salt to taste and mix well.
7. Add ¼ cup water and cover the saucepan with the lid, reduce the heat to medium.
Watch for the water content. After cooking on medium to low for 15 mins, open the lid and gently stir
8. Check if veggies are cooked or you may cook them for additional 5 minutes.
9. Serve hot with Cooked Quinoa or Brown rice or wild rice and Dal (Lentil Soup) to complete the meal.